Do you find yourself feeling tired during the day, lifeless or not getting to everything as you would like? In this article we are going to tell you how you can have more energy. There are a series of habits, routines and practices that will help you achieve this. Let’s go!
Having a good diet
Food is a fundamental aspect of this energetic overhaul that you are thinking about. There are some clichés that must be respected, whether you like it or not, to achieve your goals. These are the main ones:
- Eat for energy. Consuming too much of something or too little of everything are poor choices in this regard. The important thing is to maintain a complete, balanced and varied diet that provides you with the proteins, carbohydrates and healthy fats you need at all times. You should especially focus on vegetables, as they provide you with fiber, vitamins and minerals.
- Eat 5 meals a day. It is the best way to eat what you need, in a varied way and without hunger or anxiety. Like this, you will avoid binge eating or disordered cravings, which are always a bad idea.
- Eat a hearty breakfast. It is the fundamental meal of the day, which must provide the energy base needed to start each day. This is the best time to eat carbohydrates – it won’t take long to burn them off – and protein, so alternate dairy products, fruit, nuts, omelets or eggs, spinach, salmon, etcetera.
What is intermittent fasting?
Surely you’ve heard of this trend for losing weight and maintaining required energy levels throughout the day. But do you really know what intermittent fasting is? It is a dietary style where periods of consumption are alternated with periods of fasting, according to previously established criteria and timelines.
It is not, in itself, a diet. However, it can help with weight loss and weight control. It is essential, however, to drink plenty of water in any case. There are different methods, although these are the most popular:
- Intermittent fasting 16 8. This consists of eating normally for 8 hours and then not eating for 16 hours. It is normal to coincide the period of fasting with the hours of sleep. For example, from 10 p.m. to 2 p.m. the next day.
- Alternative fasting days. The idea is to fast one or two days a week and eat normally the rest of the time.
- Diet days. It is similar to the previous form, but instead of a total fast, a maximum total of 650 calories are consumed during those one or two days. Brown rice, oats, lots of vegetables and proteins will be the foundation of this reduced food supply. The rest of the week, you eat normally.
Do physical exercise
Food is our main source of energy, but not the only one. Contrary to what it might seem, doing sport and maintaining bursts of physical activity helps you to recharge your energy levels. Why? Because it releases endorphins, i.e. the hormones that regenerate human beings.
Consequently, the most energetic people are those who play sports frequently. You can choose your favorite physical activity: working out, bodybuilding, swimming, cycling, pilates or anything else. What is more, training with electrostimulation is a highly recommendable option, as it turns moderate workouts into extremely revitalizing ones.
Training with Electrostimulation
The effects of electrostimulation on body composition are increasingly appreciated. It has become an incomparable complement to all types of training. It allows you to increase the activity’s output without increasing workload, supports the activity’s efficiency and makes a positive contribution to the physical and emotional development of its users.
There are three major contributions that currently call for the inclusion of these resources in anyone’s physical activity and sports training:
- Performance. Athletes improve their effectiveness by training with this type of electrical muscle stimulation. Fundamentally, it complements what athletes achieve with their conventional workouts, both in strength training and cardio or concurrent workouts. It can be applied both in general, to the whole body, as well as partially in the specific areas to be strengthened.
- Results. In less time, the results begin to show. Electrostimulation for weight loss has proven to be extremely effective, as it helps to reduce fat, especially in the abdominal area. What is more, exercising your muscles causes your body to consume more protein, fat and calories. It is also useful for increasing physical strength and recovering from injury or discomfort.
- Time optimization. Who normally doesn’t even have a single minute to spare in their day? It happens to all of us nowadays, our diaries control our day-to-day plans. Performing much more intense workouts without hardly noticing it, reduces the time required for physical activity. In other words, it allows you to make the most of it, without losing a single second. It is a lifesaver to be able to do sport as often as you decide.
Do you know that this is the main cause of lack of energy in most cases? We need to sleep between 6 and 8 hours a day to be well and fully energized. Do you do it every day?
In addition to the number of hours you sleep, the quality of your sleep is crucial. Try to go to bed at the same time, get into a good sleep routine and have appropriate physical and environmental conditions: the mattress, pillow and lighting are key factors.
For example, try to maintain a dim lighting in the moments before going to bed and avoid screens after a certain time. If you feel tired all the time, even when you get up, something is wrong.
Electrostimulation to relieve stress
Another important factor to consider is that stress and fatigue are related. This continuous emotional and psychological imbalance makes us waste a lot of energy. As much as possible, you should take the day to day with calm, de-dramatize and distance yourself from the issues that affect you.
Obviously, this is much easier said than done. However, the mere fact of deciding to do so is, from the outset, a starting point. We need to identify, also, what anti-stress assets are. That is to say, the activities, people, places, hobbies or situations that help you to minimize your stress level or avoid its appearance. As soon as we recognize them, we can prioritize them in our day-to-day plans. They work as an antidote to this problem!
Another piece of good news is that if you want to combat stress and release tension, electrostimulation is your best friend. As we mentioned when talking about sport in general, electrical muscle stimulation releases endorphins. These are known as the hormones of happiness and are responsible for combating, relieving and minimizing pain and unpleasant feelings. Did you know that they are 20 times more effective than oral painkillers? They also improve your mood and allow you to reduce your exposure to the danger of stress. By reducing your adrenaline level, you’ll find it easier to relax, prevent anxiety and feel much better. And because there is a proven link between stress and weight loss, training with electrostimulation or simply using it frequently helps you to stay physically and mentally fit.
Stay well hydrated
Another possible cause of low energy is that the body lacks water. It is in our power to avoid it, we just have to get used to drinking water throughout the day, even when we are not thirsty. Especially if it’s hot or if you’re in a demanding environment, you need to be extra vigilant to replenish lost fluids.
When we have a shortage of water in our body, we will feel weak and tired. Water, whether you like it or not, must become one of your daily companions.
Free time and leisure
A key aspect of our mood and energy is how to make the most of our time when we are not working. When we talked about rest, we emphasized its great importance for the body. Leisure time, hobbies and pastimes are really the mental and emotional rest we give ourselves.
“Free time is possibly the most important factor for our wellbeing.”
It is always essential to switch gears from time to time and take care of ourselves. Giving ourselves positive experiences, enjoying things that make us feel good, relaxing, disconnecting, spending time with the people we like and dedicating quality time to pampering ourselves, physically and emotionally, are fundamental aspects to make us feel good. No one else can do it for us.
Sometimes, we mistakenly fill our time with more obligations and stressful activities: doing an additional master’s degree, studying a foreign language, going to cooking classes, running a club of any kind… This makes us spend more energy when, in fact, we should take advantage of these breaks to replenish it.
Free time is possibly the most important factor for our own well-being and that of our loved ones. Learn how to manage it wisely: give it to yourself, or give it to those who love you, in the right way. You will be surprised to realize how we recharge our batteries by doing so, and how much it increases your available energy in the busiest and most productive moments of the day.
Now that you know how to have more energy, it’s up to you to make the right choices to get it. It is enough to start changing some eating, activity and rest habits. What do you think about introducing electrostimulation into your workouts? Contact us now.