Exercising is something that everyone should do regularly because of its many health benefits. In fact, there are so many benefits of exercising that it would be tough to list them all in this article, but our goal is to encourage you to never give up. So, in this post we’ll talk about all the benefits of physical activity, the consequences of stopping exercising, tips to prevent getting derailed and what happens when you exercise with electrical stimulation.
Advantages of exercise
No matter our age, sex or fitness level, regular exercise will always have significant benefits that we should never overlook. We’ll feel better, we’ll have more energy and we’ll live longer, but what’s more, exercising regularly has the following advantages:
- You’ll be able to keep your weight in check: If you want to burn calories, opt for cardio, and don’t forget that the higher the intensity, the more calories you’ll burn. If you want to gain muscle, focus on toning and strength activities.
- This will help you to combat some heart conditions and diseases: For example, you’ll curb the risk of high blood pressure, reduce unhealthy blood glucose levels and keep metabolic syndrome much better controlled.
- You’ll feel happier and more relaxed, since sport stimulates several chemical substances found in the brain that will help you feel calmer and in a better mood post-workout. It is also good for treating anxiety and is great for your self-confidence and self-esteem.
- It’ll boost your endurance and energy level because your cardiovascular system will work more efficiently. For this reason, you’ll find that exercising gives you more energy and you won’t run out of breath quickly, for example, when walking up a flight of stairs or carrying the weekly groceries home. In short, you’ll be able to perform better in training and in your day-to-day life.
- If you have sleep issues, you’ll sleep much better and more soundly. However, we advise you not to exercise right before heading to bed because you may have too much energy and the last thing you want to do is get into bed to rest.
Consequences of stopping exercising
When we stop exercising, whether for a few weeks for a vacation or if we give it up for a substantial period of time, the body will react and experience changes, and not precisely in a positive way. If you’ve ever wondered what happens when you stop training, keep reading this article because we explain what happens when you say goodbye to sport.
Decreased muscle tone
With a week off there is nothing to worry about because, in fact, professionals recommend resting after training for 12 consecutive weeks. On the contrary, from the second week of sedentary lifestyle, you may begin to notice a decrease in muscle tone, in other words, firmness.
By stopping exercising for over a month, you’ll lose both tone and muscle mass, and when you start exercising again, your metabolism will not get back into its pre-break rhythm until you reach the same level of muscularity you had before stopping. It’s therefore easy for laziness to get the best of us, which is why we recommend taking no more than 30 days off.
Increased levels of stress and irritability
Luckily, the mind will be kickstarted and relaxed in the same way by physical exercise, and, for this reason, it’s one of the best ways to alleviate stress. When we stop exercising, we’ll go back into that state of anxiety brought about by our frenetic pace of day-to-day life. Our mood may change, we may get angry more often and become more irritable. An exercise routine will stop us from falling into a negative spiral of unhappiness with ourselves or with friends or family.
When exercising, the body speeds up and, as mentioned above, has much more energy. On the other hand, when we stop training, we generally suffer from increased fatigue. For example, when we stopping exercising, we may find it much more difficult to climb stairs or walk. Think of it as the reverse process to when we start exercising every day, when the body gradually gets in shape and every day that passes we feel lighter and better equipped to exercise.
Slowly but surely, you’ll start noticing that putting on fat and gaining weight is much easier than when you were exercising regularly, since your metabolism will have slowed down. So, after a month of no physical activity, your body and your head will be screaming for you to get back to normal and get moving again.
Tips to prevent stopping exercise
You may want to stop exercising because you are bored or because there is just nothing in it for you, for example. Don’t worry, because to prevent you from giving up, we’ve got some tips to keep motivation levels high, an indispensable weapon when it comes to getting over laziness and to make exercise enjoyable so you’ll always be up for training. Let’s go!
- Look at your habits and how your body behaves when it comes to exercise. As long as you are set on improving your fitness level, you have every reason not to give up.
- Don’t set unrealistic goals; set achievable ones. If you set out to lose five kilos of body weight in a few days, you’re just setting yourself up for disappointment. Set goals that, with your effort, you can achieve in a way that is healthy. Never forget that, through perseverance and patience , your body will undergo significant positive changes.
- Watch out for overtraining because all it will do is tire you out, leave you stiff and, as a result, put you off doing this activity again. Always opt for an exercise routine that matches your physical capabilities.
- Try to do a range of sports so as not to fall into a routine that could demotivate you. You can, for example, alternate your favorite outdoor routine with group classes at a gym or simply alternate exercising alone with exercising with friends. Electrical stimulation training has many benefits not only in terms of results, but also when it comes to motivation. 93% of people who have tried electrical stimulation training are more motivated than without, which leads to better performance. It’s a totally different experience, an added bonus to your training and results.
- Keeping a record is a great personal motivator, so don’t forget to write down your achievements so you can see how you are improving week by week. For example, if you like running, you could start with 1 kilometer and in two weeks you’ll have progressed to running 3 kilometers. This will make personal competition continuous and successful.
What happens if I train with electrical stimulation?
Training with electrical stimulation tones muscles more easily and quickly, as the electrical impulses are directed to the muscle groups that are of most concern to us, causing them to contract in a controlled manner. We, as industry experts in the sector, offer different special electrical stimulation suits manufactured with materials of the highest quality, so that you can choose the one that best suits your tastes and those of your clients.
We use the most advanced technology on the market because, for us, the most important thing is to respond to the trust our clients have placed in us by offering them a better quality of life. What’s more, there are several scientific institutions that endorse the safety of our system, such as the FDA.
So, depending on the type of machine or exercise you perform, you’ll see improvements in isometric and isokinetic strength, relieve back pain, release tension, get rid of flaccidity, slim down, boost muscular endurance, and flexibility, treat cellulite, improve blood flow, deal with stress, etc.
To sum up, we could say that exercising is essential for our body to function properly, but the key is to be consistent and be motivated not to give up. Now that we’ve looked at the consequences of a sedentary lifestyle, we hope you’ll leave that behind you and prove to yourself and others that you are capable of achieving anything you set your mind to.
Are you currently out of shape? No sweat! Help yourself with electrical stimulation and benefit from all the advantages of the suits we offer, to effectively speed up your metabolism. And, if you are an athlete looking for even better results, then this technology is perfect for strengthening muscles through controlled electric shocks. What’s more, we’ll be on hand to offer advice at all times and to answer any questions you may have.
The benefits of working out will always outweigh bad habits because working out can be just as, if not more, fun than sitting around watching a movie. Have you tried a dance class, cycling with your friends, playing basketball with your family or going for a walk every day with headphones while listening to your favorite songs? If you haven’t, give it a try! All that’s left to tell you is that health such an important part of life; it’s up to you to look after yourself. Wiemspro makes it a little easier for you to get visible results in less time. Find many more tips on our blog